On Friday, 25 May 2018 20:34:53 UTC+2, Kamran (Google Cloud Support) wrote:

> Hello Yuri,
>
> *dev_appserver.py* is a command to start the local development server for
> Python, PHP and Go. If you want to use local Datastore emulator feature for
> Java, for instructions visit this article
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java/tools/using-local-server#datastore>
> .

Still unable to connect to the Datastore Emulator managed by the Java 8
Local Development Server using Google Client Library: I unsuccessfully
tried the following variations on what suggested by the linked article:

1) java_dev_appserver.sh target/war/

2) DATASTORE_EMULATOR_HOST=localhost:8080 java_dev_appserver.sh target/war/

The first one throws the following exception after trying to connect to the
actual cloud datastore

Caused by: com.google.datastore.v1.client.DatastoreException:
Unauthenticated., code=UNAUTHENTICATED
at
com.google.datastore.v1.client.RemoteRpc.makeException(RemoteRpc.java:226)
at
com.google.datastore.v1.client.RemoteRpc.makeException(RemoteRpc.java:267)

The second one stalls for some time before throwing

Caused by:
com.google.datastore.v1.client.DatastoreException: Non-protobuf error:

My maven dependencies are

<dependencyManagement>
   <dependencies>

       <dependency>
           <groupId>com.google.cloud</groupId>
           <artifactId>google-cloud-bom</artifactId>
           <version>0.110.0-alpha</version>
           <type>pom</type>
           <scope>import</scope>
       </dependency>

   </dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.google.cloud</groupId>
    <artifactId>google-cloud-datastore</artifactId>

</dependency>

Hope someone is able to suggest the proper setup…