George,

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't noticed that the logs were showing the
same message about not starting correctly. Looking back in the logs it
showed a compile error around the upgraded library saying method not found.
I had to do a `mvn clean install` in order for it to pull down the new
library. I would have thought the build would have failed with an incorrect
version of the library but I guess I missed a newbie mistake. Thank you.

Jonathan.