Hi Ryan,

> understood, but using a different static file server is not great. it
> makes local development diverge significantly from production. local no
> longer uses or tests app.yaml's static file handlers, but prod does, so
> bugs will eventually pop up that only happen in production, and are thus
> harder to test for and debug.

The way I solve this is to have a little piece of middleware (only in dev
mode) that loads app.yaml and serves the static_* handlers statically. The
basic logic (I might not be handling all cover cases, but it works for me)
is pretty simple, and the entire middleware class takes about 40 lines of
code.

thanks,
Remko

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/33446ed1-0d8e-4dfd-bd11-c9dd76264fd9%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengin... Ryan B
    • Re: [google... 'Andrew Gorcester' via Google App Engine
      • Re: [go... Ryan Barrett
        • Re:... 'Andrew Gorcester' via Google App Engine
        • Re:... Remko Tronçon
          • ... Ruby Tokantekai
            • ... 'Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • ... Ryan B
            • ... Ryan B
              • ... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine