Is the Analytics API enabled? Also, was the service account email address
used to add a user to the analytics account you want to access via the API?
You can follow this detailed quickstart documentation [1] with explicit
steps to accomplish the authorization.

[1]
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/quickstart/service-py