Our project uses GAE standard, auto-scaling, Python 2.7. We deploy using
gcloud and haven't changed anything regarding the way we deploy. However,
now we are starting to see these types of errors when we deploy:

File upload done.
Updating service [default]...failed.

ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) Error Response: [9] Cloud build
42869100-9940-4821-8d40-3c52bf2fa268 status: FAILURE.
Build error details: Failed to download at least one file. Cannot continue.
.
Check the build log for errors:
https://console.cloud.google.com/gcr/builds/42869100-9940-4821-8d40-3c52bf2fa268?project=XXXXXXXXXXXX

If we re-deploy (same command, same code) it then succeeds.  If we follow
the link in the error message, it always shows "unable to find the
resource" error.  Does anyone know why this is happening all of the sudden?

Gcloud details:
Google Cloud SDK 260.0.0
app-engine-python 1.9.86
app-engine-python-extras 1.9.86