I understand your question is regarding the size discrepancy in your
application deployments on App Engine (GAE). There are a number of reasons
which may contribute to the different sizes, particularly in the past, the
size difference in the builds for the same Java application code has been
seen to relate to different implementations of the functions (i.e. deploy)
and the tools in each SDK and the plugins. Hence, to understand better the
cause may require reviewing the differences between the plugins used and
the App Engine SDK versions, and how the changes may have applied to your
application.

For more specific information about your applications and why the
Application sizes differed, I recommend that you contact the GCP Support
engineers[1][2] so that the specific App Engine versions can be evaluated
to determine exactly and obtain more specific information about the cause.

[1]https://cloud.google.com/support-hub
[2]https://developers.google.com/issue-tracker/#public_users