Ok, I am trying to answer your questions more specifically. My previous
answer was off the top of my head because I was on my phone. Now I've
logged in and tried to understand exactly what you're asking.

>When the files for project A,B,C are you in Cloud Shell within the Console
UI?

I am not sure what is meant by "Console UI". This is through the website
at https://console.cloud.google.com/ , is that what is meant by "Console
UI?"  At any rate, I'm seeing the files in the cloud shell terminal. They
also appear in the Cloud Shell Editor.

> How are you switching between projects via CLI or through different web
browser tabs each logged into their own project?

There is a dropdown on the top header which opens a modal titled "Select a
project". So switching projects this way and then clicking the "Activate
Cloud Shell" is the primary way I am switching between projects. I have
found I can also switch from within the cloud share terminal by clicking
the dropdown arrow near the new tab icon (the big plus). I also have tested
this switching through the command gcloud config set project B

The result is the same for all.