Hi,

The first way to do it is as you have already stated, exposing the
deployment. The other way I recommend is using Istio [1]. Istio helps
create a multi cluster mesh on a shared network to allow communication
between the clusters. I would suggest reading the attached article and see
if this can help in regards to your use case.

[1] https://istio.io/latest/docs/concepts/what-is-istio/