Hi, Joshua

Thank you for reporting this issue. It seems you may be affected by an
internal issue reported about App Engine standard applications returning
elevated HTTP 500 errors. This issue is observed for App Engine  Standard
instances in us-central1 region. This issue is externalized on the GCP
Status Page as you can find more information on the Status board[1].

I apologize for the delay or the impact this issue may be causing. For
swifter responses or help on issues that are urgent to you, I think it is
best to reach out directly to the GCP Support Engineers[2].

Let us know if your application is not running in the us-central1 region.

Thank you.

[1]https://status.cloud.google.com/incident/appengine/20007
[2]https://cloud.google.com/support-hub