I can suggest these next two links:

   - Consider using Terraform or Google Deployment Manager[1]
   - Using Google Deployment Manager- discussion[2]

I would like to share that is totally fine to use gcloud CLI to deploy to
GCR and it is recommended you create a service account to manage your
deployments. For instance, this would work using GitlabCI which allows you
to define and laydown your own CI/CD strategy. Another alternative is to
use Github (or  BitBucket) + Google Source Repository[3] + Google Cloud
Build + Google Deployment Manager to manage your deployment
programmatically and relying in Google Container Registry(GCR) to store
your images. I suggest you investigate this alternative by creating a
simple proof of concept to understand the deployment flow and to ensure DM
is able to manage all the resources associated with your requirement.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57760851/can-i-deploy-cloud-run-using-deployment-manager
[2] https://gist.github.com/dinvlad/fcf72039c403bc2bf46663fb43c62a57
[3] https://cloud.google.com/source-repositories/docs/mirroring-repositories