Hello Madhav,

The Google Groups link
<https://groups.google.com/g/google-appengine/c/InjUUdI4Yn0/m/Va2YzvNnCwAJ>
that Fuad has shared discussed most of the queries you have raised. However
please note that the standalone legacy SDK and appcfg tooling
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations> has been deprecated
as of July 30, 2019 and shut down on August 30, 2020, so the solutions
suggested based on this is no longer available.

As this Public Issue has suggested, the present option is to use
Stackdriver Debugger to view the source code and perform debugging like
analyzing breakpoints. Users can copy and paste the contents to your local
file.

This is recommended not to rely on the Google Cloud Platform to preserve
source codes. The most popular option is to use SVN or Git (e.g. Cloud
Source Repositories <https://cloud.google.com/source-repositories/>).

There is a Feature Request
<https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/138601958>at the moment to
implement appcfg like feature with Cloud SDK to download the source code.