Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply. Are you using Homebrew? It seems to be a known
issue with pip. The Stackoverflow thread
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24257803/distutilsoptionerror-must-supply-either-home-or-prefix-exec-prefix-not-both>

provides possible solutions. Basically you need to create a ‘setup.cfg’
file at the root directory of your project and include the following before
running the pip command:

[install]
prefix=

Hope it helps!