Hello,

By default, when deleting a GCE VM instance its boot disk is automatically
deleted
<https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/compute/instances/set-disk-auto-delete#--auto-delete>,

which is an irreversible process
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/rest/v1/disks/delete#top_of_page>.

To prevent issues such as this and other incidents in the future, you can
set up scheduled snapshots
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/scheduled-snapshots> for your
production VMs which can later be restored
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/create-start-instance#createsnapshot>

into a new VM.

Nevertheless, if only the VMs had been deleted and not their boot disks,
you can try creating new VM instances
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/create-start-instance#creating_a_vm_from_a_custom_image>
 with
the same machine types and specifications and afterwards update their boot
disks
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/disks/detach-reattach-boot-disk#updating_a_boot_disk_for_an_instance>

to the original ones.