Hello,

You can deploy different services/versions and communicate internally when
using App Engine Flex, as Flex instances are similar to GCE instances you
can configure Firewall rules and add a network tag on a VPC network to
control access to your services. Please look at this document
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/python/reference/app-yaml#network_settings>for

a reference on how to configure your app.yaml file to specify a network
tag. This will work for Flex to Flex services.

For App Engine Standard, you can send targeted HTTP requests to communicate
with another service. Please take a look at our documentation
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/communicating-between-services>

about this specifically for App Engine Standard which may list other
alternatives.

App Engine services can also communicate using Cloud Pub/Sub, which
provides reliable asynchronous many-to-many messaging between processes.