Hi,

You asked if it's expected behavior and the article you linked says that it
could happen and it's expected behavior, so "Developers should take steps
to ensure that duplicate execution is not a catastrophic event"

I think your question is more about frequency? Please tell us how often
duplicates happen.

On a side-note. Tasks are architecturally decoupled from the versions
semantics since it's a separate API. It's technically part of the Cloud
Tasks API as mentioned here[1]. So this means "gcloud app deploy
--no-stop-previous-version" would probably entice more duplication as the
state of the code is being scaled-up, the previous configs remain active
because they are decoupled. In this case you'd have to ask yourself, what
is the state or the condition of the code doing? And how often is it
happening. This would happen in any microservice environment that scales
and I think it's no2 "Asynchronicity" here[2]. Depending on your needs, you
may require to code a completely separate service that is more elaborate
than our tasks API. It's one of the pitfalls of having things decoupled.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/tasks/docs/queue-yaml#introduction
[2]
https://blog.bernd-ruecker.com/3-common-pitfalls-in-microservice-integration-and-how-to-avoid-them-3f27a442cd07