I'm no expert, but I did find instructions on how to set it up [I forget
where] but I think you (at least) need to go here (after DNS is set up) and
see the "SSL security"

   https://console.cloud.google.com/appengine/settings/domains?project= ...

... mine says "Google-managed, auto-renewing".

regards

Adam

--
Responserack
- incidents happen, response is crafted...