I had similar problem few months ago when suddenly extra instances were
created for another app that wasn't receiving any extra traffic. And I am
not the only one who experienced that. Something is obviously happening on
the google side, it's ridiculous that I can't serve a simple request with
F1 instance.

And it would be ridiculous to spend $29 a month for support while the total
running cost of my apps is $0.08 a month.