While checking the logs of my GAE flask app, I noticed that from June 3rd
through June 10th there was a spike on traffick, which is highly unusual
for my website.
I checked the logs and found the reason for that were 3 IP addresses:

94.154.188.130:   1045 Times,
176.103.88.57:      678 Times,
176.103.85.167:    1392 Times,

I have posted the requests on a gist HERE
<https://gist.github.com/GuanacoDevs/654be288519995bc09f2aca9921bf009> for
the last one with 1392 requests. ipqualityscore
<https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip-lookup-proxy-vpn-test/lookup/176.103.85.167>
 says
that this is a proxy based from russia, actually the 3 ips in question are
from the same data center, and Ip Quality score has it on a 99 Fraud Score
while scamalitycs <https://scamalytics.com/ip/176.103.85.167> shows nothing
wrong, maybe because is a VPN or something of the likes.

According to the logs the first request was at 2022-06-04T08:50:45 with the
last on that time frame was on 2022-06-10T01:03:42, so it was not a DOS
attack, times between request were as long as 46 minutes and as frequent as
1 second in between.

What was that? Was my site being attacked? Or maybe just a someone playing
a penetration tester?

There were 1273 unique endpoints as listed in the gist above, 98% of them
returned a 404. As of today 27+ days, my site has 486 hours usage, during
the time frame for this hits, was 214.
That raised my bill by US$0.95, is not much but since I do not have traffic
on my site I usually pay nothing for it. Of course, if I had more traffic,
I wouldn't have noticed this.
It was only for close to 6 days if it was to be more frequent is just
raising the bill for nothing.

How can you protect against this?

Best Regards