I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, but for some reason I didn't find
many posts on this subject here.
We have decided to use the CPAL license for our open source project.
You don't allow choosing this license in Google code hosting and that
is a problem, for us at least.
I understand the issue of license proliferation and agree that there
shouldn't be too many BUT:
1. if Google hosting plans on being a major home for open source
project and does not allow for usage of licenses which are not mature
and/or time-tested, how will we all evolve. There will always be
"younger" licenses, which just might be better then the older ones.
2. Simply not allowing usage of licenses according to Your choice is
Your right but it is a bit forceful and not very open in nature. Im
sure you can influence and improve the license proliferation issue
without such restrictive actions.

Is there any chance you will enable use of other approved OSI licenses
or any chosen license ? it would be a shame to stop using Google
Hosting just for this reason.

Thanks,

mike