If you submit sensitive information and do a repository reset the
sensitive changes you made earlier still show up in your project
updates. I know it's important to retain project history, etc. But,
it's also important for those users to be able to do what they want
with their project history. Now, when I reset my repo it sets a clean
state in the source changes but NOT in the project changes where all
revisions are still visible along with my sensitive information. This
is not acceptable and I will not accept "it's just not possible" as an
answer." As people should be allowed a few stupid mistakes. Also, I
know it is in FACT very possible under mercurial to do these changes
but it's just not practical if the project has been widely cloned and
published. So then it is possible but just not practical.

Is there anyway I can eliminate the changes of a specific file I
uploaded in my mercurial repo that contains sensitive information?
Or, is there anyway to just eliminate it from my project changes. Keep
in mind, this is not the account that all my stuff is under as I
didn't want someone reading this and going through my project history
to find the information.

Thanks.

P.S.

This is absolutely ridiculous by the way. The source repo reset should
also eliminate traces from the project changes.