I just started to have this same problem now, after having committed
several things in the past hour, my last 10 attempts to commit
produced the same 500 MKACTIVITY error.

Project page: http://code.google.com/p/asyncspread/

Error:
% svn ci
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error)
a165-4a9d-892e-f6323076d1b2'
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:

% svn info
Repository Root: https://asyncspread.googlecode.com/svn
Repository UUID: c2be6c02-a078-7bc6-78f5-0017bf28debf
Revision: 114
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: jwillp
Last Changed Rev: 114
Last Changed Date: 2010-07-13 21:10:07 -0400 (Tue, 13 Jul 2010)

It only seems to be commits that are failing.  Perhaps PAXOS is
failing to replicate the commit to the minimum # of datacenters?