actually, the @gmail.com shouldn't be required. Try your next checkin with --username=jrgeerdes. The svn client doesn't cache your username on a checkout because authentication isn't done at that time (it only caches when challenged by the server). Most likely what is happening is that the username on your machine is not jrgeerdes, and that's what's being passed to the server for the challenge at commit time.