On Oct 14, 10:12 am, Danny Ricci <thedann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what was done

Hi Danny everyone,

There's nothing specific that we could tell you about about what was
done.  But, in general, Google is constantly upgrading its servers and
network infrastructure to make it better.

Most Google products are able to hide that all behind the scenes so
that users never notice it.  Google Project Hosting has gotten better
at doing exactly that over the past few years. But right now, there
are still some manual steps that we need to do to keep the site
running when network changes are made, and being read-only during
those steps keeps your data safer.

If you're asking about what new features might have been added to
Google Project Hosting, those are independent of network maintenance.
There are many fixes and enhancements being rolled out in multiple
releases every month. For a list, see
http://code.google.com/p/support/w/WhatsNew.
There's also good stuff happening that's not listed there yet but will
be listed when it officially launches.

Thanks,
jason!
--