Hi,

My name is Richard and I'm a member of the dev team for open-source Adobe Flash
3D engine Away3D. You can see the project page at
http://code.google.com/p/away3d .

A standalone side-project of Away3D's is the AWD file format, which is used
mainly to transfer data to Away3D, but can also be used as an exchange and
storage format for any 3D editor. I am the maintainer, and have developed (and
am continuing development of) a C library and CPython extension to encode and
parse this file format. Blender, Maya and Cinema4D exporters are in development
or planned for the near future, with more coming down the road.

I would like to open-source this project and distribute it via Google code at
http://code.google.com/p/awd, which is currently occupied by a project that has
seemingly never been active since it's creation (no code, no wiki articles et
c.) I have contacted the project owner (Anton Burkun), who has agreed to let us
take over the project name (see forwarded e-mail below.)

Per his wish, I would appreciate if the AWD project could be renamed AWDU, and
a new project called AWD could be created for me (or whatever procedure is
easier that leaves me in the possession of a project named "AWD", and Mr Burkun
with a project called "AWDU".)

Please let me know how to proceed!

Cheers
/Richard