Dear all,

I want to develop a law in a collaborative "open source" way with
other users. Am I allowed to make use of Google Code to host the text
and to develop?

I can see two obstacles:
1. Formal Requirements
I have to refer to a documentation licence (e.g. GNU Free
Documentation License) instead of a free software license. When I
start to create a project there are only software licenses listed - so
I have to choose "Other Open Source".  As every law is anyhow finally
"Open Source" by intention there is no reason to hide something - in
my opinion this should be fine.
2. Content
You might not want to host stuff like this on Google Code.

Please let me know whether you see issues in starting this project on
google code not to waste your and my time.

Why I am looking at Google Code for this project?
Developing a law "open source" has similar needs compared to open
software programming (Version control, user management, documentation,
access via internet, ...). Other tools (e.g. Google Groups, sites,
blogger, ...) lack especially the version control mechanism.

There is a third obstacle: Can lawyers deal with such a system - we will see.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Kai-Uwe