Update: git push with an explicit URI seemed to work.

$ git push https://alex...@code.google.com/p/project-name.wiki/
Password: <my generated code hosting password>
Counting objects: 5, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 697 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Scanning pack: 100% (3/3), done.
remote: Storing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
remote: Processing commits: 100% (1/1), done.
To https://alex...@code.google.com/p/project-name.wiki/
   4ef9033..678e428  master -> master

But the wiki page itself returned a 500 error for a couple of minutes
after the push. Now it got out of sync and shows stale HTML rendering
of the previous version of the page. How do I get the wiki page back
in sync with the .wiki source? I'd rather not introduce bogus commits
just to fix this kind of problem.

 -- Alexander