This is probably an old question, but what exactly is it about the code jam
that runs afoul of US export laws?  Nobody has to use the encrypted download
option, and until someone advances to the inhouse final, you aren't sending
any kind of cash into the country.  Is it possible for residents to
participate up to that level?

-Ken