> 25 hours of paranoia regarding the probability I submitted the wrong
> large output for all three problems have lead me to think about this
> idea:
>
> The first line on all input files would be hash calculated from the
> rest of the file. The output must begin with a line that had this hash
> as well. If this hash is wrong, codejam will ignore your output
> submission and ask you to do it again.

Two thoughts.

First, Carlos's: you can look at your own submissions and verify that
they're the things you meant to submit (and I *believe* you can do that
during the 8-minute period).

Second: We actually have a surprising (it surprised me) amount of checking
that you've uploaded a valid submission.  The following are reasons why we
might reject your submission (and tell you about it).  Don't take these as a
guarantee -- we might change them or have implemented them wrong -- but I
hope you can take some comfort in them.

- Your output file doesn't start with "Case #1: "
- Your output file doesn't have the right number of instances of "Case #X:"
- Your source file starts with "Case #1: "
- Your source file's filename looks like an input file's name

Also:
- Your output file is empty
- Your output file is too big
- Your output file contains non-ascii characters
- Your output file contains ascii characters 0-5 or 14-30 inclusive

We also have some random checks that you didn't send us a binary instead of
your source code, though they aren't terribly reliable.