Dear fellow codejammers, excuse the slightly OT question, but I have
been wondering about GPU and the possible improvements it could have
in these contests (or whether there would be an improvement or not).
These questions are mostly because I do not understand things like
CUDA or how the GPU architecture differs from CPU too well yet. It's
just a theoretical speculation, so lest ignore the discussion about
whether CUDA would be allowed or not in codejam, and instead about how
useful it could be.

First, I think it is at least good for things like linear algebra and
linear programming maybe? Those problems were not uncommon last year.
So maybe solving the problems on your GPU could give you a strong
speed advantage on this sort of problems?

What other common problems do you think could get improvements from
it?

Also, does anyone know if something like running all N cases of an
usual problem simultaneously would take a good advantage from GPU's
better parallelism?