> If a person got in top 1000 in round-1A itself, then *can* he
> participate in 1B, 1C? I remember it as, he/she can participate but it
> wont affect the competition i.e. in those rounds (1B,1C in this
> example)

No, there's currently no mechanism for doing that.

Vexorian: to answer your concerns, we do have cheating- and
mistake-detection scripts of our own (which incorporate ideas that
contestants have sent us).  We'll run those as soon as possible after the
contest.  In addition, if you check after the contest and realize that you
submitted the wrong code, you should email
programmingcontest-feedb...@google.com and ask us to eliminate your
submissions right away.  If that knocks you below 1000, you'll be able to
compete in the next round.  Send me email personally if any of that doesn't
work out as I've claimed here.

Bartholomew