It's clearly stated in the terms and conditions (http://
code.google.com/codejam/terms.html):
---
13. ELIMINATION. A contestant may be prohibited from participating in
this Contest if, in Google’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes
that the contestant has attempted to undermine the legitimate
operation of the Contest by:

a) Providing false information concerning his/her identity, postal
address, mail address or telephone number;
---

...but I have trouble believing that you truly believed this was
allowed.  Also, your statement that you wouldn't be affecting others'
ability to qualify is false, because to qualify you needed to solve at
least one large input (which has a specific time limit).  Using a
second account to download a large testcase so you can test/improve
your code clearly subverts this time limit and is an unfair advantage
over honest competitors.  You may claim that this is not the reason
you did it, but just your demonstrated willingness to break the rules
is, in my opinion, a good enough reason to disqualify you.

Finally, if you were simply interested in making sure your code was
right for learning purposes, you should have waited until the problems
were open for practice (unlimited submissions).