> The questions from previous years are available for you try. I think
> the size of the input file should be similar for most of the
> questions.

This is probably the best advice: try out previous years'.  Be aware that
for a Small you'll have 4 minutes from the second you click "download" (and
hit OK) to the second you finish submitting, and for a Large you'll have 8
minutes.  Also note that you can download zipped input.

Our intention was that people with a dial-up connection should be able to
compete.  I don't think we've ever used an input file above 200kB for a
Large, which is about 1 minute on a 33.6kbps connection.  Please let me know
if this doesn't work out for you.

Input file can however be very large and may cause issues. I think, for this
> reason, google gives an option of pre-downloading the input file earlier and
> then just download a password to open it during the contest.

We tried that, but few people used it and we can't run a contest with
encryption all around the world, so we removed the feature.

Best,
Bartholomew