As many people has asked about this before I'll give a few hints on how to
do it in C++ that is the language I use and the language most of people use.

#include<....>
#include<....>
#include<....>
#include<....>

(defines)

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    freopen("A-small.in","r",stdin);
    freopen("A-small.out","w",stdout);
    string st;
    while(getline(cin,st))
        cout << st << endl;
}

That program does the following, it sets the standard input to "A-small.in",
that is, standard input reads from that file. "r" means read and stdin
standard input ("w" means write and stdout standard output). Then getline
reads a line from A-small.in and store it in st, and cout is redirected to
A-small.out so everything you write to standard output is written in
A-small.out. This program copies A-small.in to A-small.out, but you can
write wathever you want in a file using freopen.