With these sorts of things I'm fond of designs that look interesting
even to people who don't know what the shirt is about. Like how some
conference shirts just list a name, date and logo in Helvetica while
others do interesting artistic things in theme and feel much more
wearable as a result.

So try for something unnecessarily pretty! Well-picked data
visualisation always looks really good and you have plenty of stuff to
work with just from the competitors' nationalities / programming
languages / progression rates alone.

Or do a text-as-art piece naming all the different mathematical and
algorithmic ideas that have featured in solutions to past GCJ rounds
(like VFIX's suggestion but you don't have to aim for a giant 'GCJ' at
the end, the shape of a shiny hyperbolic polyhedron would do just as
well :D).

Or a collage of the flavourtext/stories for 2011's various problems;
there'd be enough material that you could pull off uniform-visual-
noise quite well and then leave some space in one part for a strongly
contrasting bold message/logo/etc.

If you insist on it saying 'Google Code Jam 2011' somewhere on the
shirt (which, well, fair enough), at least don't feel obligated to put
it in a giant font where it steals all the focus from the rest of the
design. :)