Can someone explain the binary tree part of the O(NlogN) solution for
problem B to me? Why do we need a binary search tree here? The purpose of
the tree is to help find the nearest activity or find out the limits? I
understand the solution in this way: we need to find the nearest activity
that has been considered and find out the limits it imposed. So can we make
the activity array into an object array, each array element will contain
the limits (how many it needs and how many it will leave unspent) when we
find the nearest activity that has been considered.

(We copy the array first and make it into another object array so that each
of them contain the original position, then sort it to determine which one
we should consider next so we will always consider the highest values
unconsidered activity.)

Hope I made the question clear