On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 4:22:38 AM UTC+3, vladimirr...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've been programming in Java. Does it make sense to switch to C for integer
> or character-related problems?

I don't think so.
I am a Python programmer myself, but as far as I know, when it come to GCJ the
only benefit of C over java is performance running time of your code. And even
this benefit is negligible and does not worth your effort.
You should definitely choose the language you are most comfortable with, or the
one you wish to practice.
Whatever functions/libraries/modules you'll find in C for basic stuff, I bet
you can find even better ones in Java. That's the whole point of Java!