Thanks Pablo for the reply!  A small number of points.

1) It's comforting to know you Googlers pre-tested in Python and have solutions
that comfortably meet the time limit.

2) I think several of us here are eager either to see one (or more) of said
solutions.  Hopefully in the near future we will be able to see our fellow
competitors submissions on the new platform :).

3) Most of us here realize we're working with a slower language when using
python and realize there are times when it will be harder (or sometimes
impossible) to make python solutions pass in the time constraints.  That said,
I personally think the python "tax" got worse in GCJ 2018 in moving to the
"server side execution" model.  I know the C++ guys lost their boost libraries,
but the python guys lost

* pypy (and pypy3)
* multiprocessing.Pool(processes=8)
* numpy and scipy libraries

Any future efforts to restore some/all of these losses would help level the
performance playing field here and would be greatly appreciated.