In the problem analysis of Cryptopangrams, following is mentioned.

An essential skill in Code Jam is picking the right tool (language) for the
right job.

Clearly for this problem C, C++ was not right tool as there is no support for
BIG NUMBERS.

I am not sure was this the case earlier? Earlier at least qualification rounds
were not language dependent.

There is one more problem with this. Though I have solved the base case with
the exact approach mentioned in analysis, the moment I saw 10^100, I started
thinking in terms of strings, not sure that my initial approach is correct and
only thing I am missing is BIG numbers.