Comment #11 on issue 372 by simon.ki...@airnz.co.nz: GuiceFilter breaks dispatching to jsp if jasper is being used to compile the jsp
http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/issues/detail?id=372

I've encountered this too, on Jetty 7.2.2 + Guice 3.0 + Stripes 1.5.3.

The original request matches a pattern ("/admin/*" in my case), and gets wrapped in a guice ServletDefinition$2 object. When the handling servlet does a forward, jetty wraps the guice request wrapper and then invokes setServletPath to point it to the new servlet. In my case, the forward is to "/WEB-INF/jsp/overview.jsp", and that string is what is passed to request.setServletPath(...).

The jasper JspServlet then calls request.getServletPath() to find the jsp to render; this is handled by ServletDefinition$2 which calls super.getServletPath() to get the *correct new* path, but it then calls UriPatternType.extract("/WEB-INF/jsp/overview.jsp") which returns the path to the original servlet, ie "/admin"!

Result is that the jsp cannot be found.