Comment by volpegab...@gmail.com:

I have same Hobbss's question:

"I have spent days looking at guice wiki and the many posts of people with problems (e.g. when the singleton is not a singleton, or how to manually avoid creating multiple injectors etc. What about this one? http://markmail.org/message/eb6osvv5cbk4g6zr this would frighten off most people).

I still dont get it. I cant look at a guice example and guess whats actually happening.

The factory and singleton pattern are so simple, and so easy to understand/use/debug, I just cant see the compulsion to use a "magic" framework which makes understanding exactly whats going on very difficult, and code hard to debug. Explicit simplicity over implicit complexity any day, even if I have to write some extra lines of easy to follow code.

Is rigidly defined modularity, e.g. using Guice injection for everything, worth the cost of learning/using/debugging a new framework into your code, rather than just making your software modular by design with out it? The complexity increase certainly isnt worth saving some lines of code.

This reminds me of EJB again - eveyone was doing it (including us), then when we relised it made our code slower/harder to write and maintain, the whole thing was dropped.

Or is it just me?"

For more information:
http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/wiki/GettingStarted