Owner: ----

New issue 749 by firew...@gmail.com: Add support for injection into non-static inner classes
http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/issues/detail?id=749

Description of the issue:
New feature. Support injection into inner classes that are not static.

Using guice-3.0.

When I last used Jboss 4.x w/ EJB 3.0 (like 6-7 year old technology) - it's @EJB injection supported injection into (non-static) inner classes. I also believe that more modern CDI via javax.inject.Inject - @Inject also supports injection into (non-static) inner classes. It would be nice if Guice supported this.

By not supporting this, it requires class refactoring / restructuring into more complex forms for the sole purpose of making Guice injection work which is kind of crazy.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a class which holds a non-static inner class which uses guice @Inject (com.google.inject.Inject) to try to inject a resource.
2. Execute the code
3. Receive error message:

Caused by: com.google.inject.ConfigurationException: Guice configuration errors:

1) Injecting into inner classes is not supported. Please use a 'static' class (top-level or nested) instead of <some.package.OutterClassName$InnerClassName>