Hi Stuart,

It is my understanding that all of the difficulties come from proxing
concrete classes, not interfaces (the latter can be proxied quite
easily using the core API). I think it's well worth using two
different implementations for interfaces and concrete classes so long
as the differences can be abstracted away from end-users and it really
overcomes all the limitations I and you listed (i.e. EJB containers).

Let's ask Johan, perhaps he's already investigated EJB space.

Gili