>        @Inject
>        public StringBinding(String name){
>                this.name = name;
>        }
>
>        public void hi(){
>                System.out.println(this.name);
>        }
>
> How can I let hi() print the name I specified with Guice?

you mean like this...?

    public class StringBinding {
        private String name;

        @Inject
        public StringBinding(@Named("person") String name) {
            this.name = name;
        }

        public void hi() {
            System.out.println(this.name);
        }

            Guice.createInjector(new AbstractModule() {
                protected void configure() {

bindConstant().annotatedWith(Names.named("person")).to("Barney");
                }
            }).getInstance(StringBinding.class).hi();
        }
    }

you can also use "Names.bindProperties(binder, properties)" to bind a whole
load of constants at once

--
Cheers, Stuart