I guess I should underscore something :)  We aren't limited by guice impl of
330 doesn't suggest we are not limited by 330 :)

The JSR 330 spec is extremely limited, although it does keep most vendor
injection annotations out of mainstream code.  I haven't seen any evidence
of further development of that spec, and I haven't checked to see if JSR 299
(CDI) handles optional injection better.

jclouds tries to minimize usage of optional inject, but it does exist in a
few classes.  As 330 is written, it is really hard to swap out
implementations anyway.  For example, the wiring logic of our spring java
config example is quite different than guice, and doesn't flow the same
way.  CDI (at least weld) seems to flow slightly differently, too.

Quite frankly, the impact of guice not releasing anything damages my time
and effectiveness much more than 330 has ever helped.

my 2p.
-a