Hi Daniel,
the main "issue" I see indeed is that efforts are defragmented - just
take a look at JUnit integrations frameworks - so the idea is moving
all people under an umbrella that encourage a *community* development:
it is not just moving the code and share ideas, is letting the
community actively participate in the development.
I really hope that other people will join us and move that discussion
on the ASF Incubator.
All the best!
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/