Hey Eyal

There's an old jira with a patch [1] to support Spring Beans, that replaces
the ReflectionUtils class used to instantiate everything with a much proper
object factory. But that issue was closes as won't fix saying that you can
achieve similar behavior using Hadoop Configuration... but that way you'll
use Guice much more like a service locator than anything else. This blog
post [2] tells you how to use spring with regular config.

Spring Hadoop looks promising! But it seems that DI support will come after
1.0 release... I'll look how the implement DI with current Hadoop API

hope this helps,
jordi

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3261
[2]