I have posted a question on
stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13958143/tomcat-websocketservlet-and-google-guice>which
 is successfully gathering users' views and also upvotes, but no
answers.

Basically I have a web application in which standard servlets work well,
but I can't find a way to use guice with the WebSocketServlet because:

I can't adopt the same style as in the standard servlet use case because,
> rather than having a Singleton servlet as in the case of the standard
> servlets, each WebSocket communication results in an instance extending
> MessageInbound<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/websocket/MessageInbound.html>;
>
> then the appropriate method that would call MyHandler is called from a
> method (e.g. onOpen or onClose) within the MessageInbound instance; *not*
> from
> a method within anHttpServlet instance as MyServlet above.

 I didn't replicate the full question posted on StackOverflow here in order
not to duplicate content across the internet.. however feel free to reply
here or SO, whichever you prefer. Thanks.