Yes, I am using ClientLogin (service.setUserCredentials() method) as
per the API doc.

So what I am understanding  is that ClientLogin is Not designed to be
used in an regular 'Browser' client application, because it uses
XMLHttp Request transport behind the scenes and this determination is
done by Javascript Environment. So the only option is to use the
AuthSub authentication.

My primary intentions of using the Javascript API is use in multiple
different smart phone browsers (above code did not run on Android -
404 Error), and remove the server dependency. Said that, Could I use
ClientLogin authentication using the smart phone platform api and
determine the 'Auth' token. And then pass on to the Javascript API for
further gdata feed access ?  Like is there a way to set the auth token
using the JS API ?

I appreciate your time. Thank You.