My own small icons are being resized after they are defined in a kml
file.

There is an issue open which is very similar to my point:

http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=2444

I while I get them to load as part of my kml style rules, Gmaps is
somehow resizing them.

There exists a kml >> iconStyle >> scale which is not supported in
maps v3 according to this table:

http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kmlelementsinmaps.html

a) Does anyone know of a possible work-round for this? Can I have my
13x14 and 14x22 icons showing at the correct size?

b) Should I mention on that issue that it is seemingly the non-support
of "scale" which is causing the problem?

Heres some links:

http://www.councilsites.co.uk/_kml.htm
http://www.councilsites.co.uk/_carparks.kml