I think Saarth meant adding her new Custom Control's div into the
standard control set that gets put into a drop-down menu when you
invoke this in mapTypeControlOptions:
  google.maps.MapTypeControlStyle.DROPDOWN_MENU

I've been trying to get that working as well, for a Topographical
section. The code works fine to display the Image Map Overlay, but the
button looks ugly sitting next to a nice, neat Google-y drop down with
the other controls.

See what I'm talking about on the map here:
http://maine.htl-test.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,580718,n,aunt%20mollie%20island.cfm

So how could I put that into the same drop-down menu? I've been using
my in-browser debuggers to find a class or something to add my Topo
control div to, but haven't had any luck.

Any Ideas?